Sunday, May 3, 2009

Not all things work out

I keep thinking of stuff I need to put on here... the bunnies I crocheted for Easter... the 3 skirts I've made... there's other stuff too. But for today I'll put something up which didn't work out well.
I had seen on the Sew Mama Sew blog this super cute and easy shirt! And I'd seen where other people made it and it looked really nice. And I don't like sleeveless but I figured maybe I'd be okay with the ruffles because I have other shirts kinda like that.
Then I went ahead and started working on it, still skeptical. But as I was working on it, my hopes started to rise. I made it solid pink for the main part, then gray and black and white for the other part. It was looking good. By the time I finished I was pretty happy with it!

Then I tried it on. And then I saw it did not look good on me. At all. Only one person saw me wearing it and that's the way it's going to stay. It's really a really easy pattern and a cute shirt, but it's not cute on me. Oh well. That's just the way it goes sometimes.
And really - it looks quite cute in person! Just not on my person.

And I stepped on a thumbtack after that. So yeah, the thumbtack thing was probably worse.

2 comments:

grandmarockton said...

bet it didn't look as bad as you say We always are most self critcal of self!

Kate said...

You're right! I tried it on again and tried taking it in a little, but alas... it still just did not work for me. It looked really cute though! Just not on me. :)