Saturday, May 9, 2009

An Altered Hoodie

I love love love short sleeve zip up hoodies! I have a blue one which I wear tons and a maroon one I also wear a lot. I was at target and I saw some long sleeve black and white hoodies in the clearance section for $9. I decided I'd go ahead and buy a black one. It looked like this (apparently like a scary person when I tried to hang it up):
Then... I started to make some changes... First I decided to make it short sleeved! I practiced a little bit with part of the sleeve I cut off, including putting the ribbing back on. It stretched a little bit, but overall it worked.
Then I did a little bit of reverse applique in the shape of a heart with some other fabrics sewed together.
I LOVE IT SOOOOOO MUCH! I've already worn it a couple days. And so far it hasn't been way too hot for it.
And it was way easier than I thought it would be. I went back to Target and bought another black one (which I have no idea what I'm going to do with it yet) and a white one (which I know what I'm going to do and it should be pretty cute).

No comments: