Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pink Girly Bags for Twin 5 year old girls

I was asked by a friend of mine to make cute girly pink bags for her twin year old girls. They were both turning 5 (of course, or else they wouldn't be twins) and they both have names that start with M, which she also wanted on the bags. So as long as they were pink and had the letter M she was going to be happy. Which made me happy.
I decided to have some fun and make them each different. But I wanted to use applique, which was fun!
On the first one I just did some patchwork and then put a big M on the front. The pink fabric was some I got at Target - it was a twin sheet set and I've been able to get a lot of fabric from it.
And the second one has an applique flower and a green ribbon as the stem.
I didn't get to go to their party, but their mom liked them - so hopefully they did too!

No comments: