Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Room

Well... I've been pretty busy since I last posted... I got a summer job and moved! I'm working with the youth program at my church - which I am VERY excited about! I love the youth!
And I moved! And I'm liking that as well. I've had fun deciding on colors and all that kind of stuff. I'm in a very bright mood, but I didn't really want to paint, so I went with getting color in other ways.
Here's a picture of the corner my bed is in:
Yeah, can you tell I'm into bright colors right now? I painted the chest of drawers on the left and there's a book case to the right that I painted the same color. My sheets and comforter are from Target. And I crocheted the granny square afghan at the end of the bed. I was working on it before I even knew I was moving!
I based the whole room around some fabric from ikea. It has pretty birdcages and birds on it and I just really liked it, so I stapled it onto some canvas and got an cool piece of art! (the rectagular one to the left)
Then I found some other fabric on my stash that went well with it (the pink is some Prints Charming, the green houndstooth I used to make a purse and I love, and the other blue/green one is some fabric from Hobby Lobby that was on clearance).
Then I tried out doing hand embroidery and embroidered that orange bird onto the brown fabric.
I'm still working on finding a chair to go in there (a nice reading chair) and getting my desk put in. But it's looking good and I'm really loving it all!


王藝文 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

Johny Marsh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Johny Marsh said...

I like those wall decors.This room is nicely decorated.Winni the Pooh Baby Shower